Studio Calico's January kit is here!

Finally, I got the January kit! And it has some really cool stuff in it... I also ordered a couple of add ons, they had pp and stamps that were just irresistible...


That rainbow paper is absolutely gorgeous...


So I went ahead and started to play around a bit, and here's what I came up with:
First layout was created for this challenge in SC:


I went through all of my pp to find enough black-grey-white patterns, not an easy thing for someone who loves color... I found what I need in this Basic Grey 6*6 pad ( I used that one a lot for journaling) and the Echo Park Yours Truly 6*6 pad.



The beautiful camera strip below the photo and the cargo sticker at the top left are from the SC January kit. Thickers are from the December kit. I printed my journaling on this Russel and Hazel paper (on sale now at two peas). The flower embellishment is an Amy Tan stamp that I cut, put a brad and attached with a pop dot. The brad at the bottom left is from MME Lost and Found collection.

Second layout is a bit different from my usual style, but I thought it was fitting for the photo. The photo was taken in NZ ( I've been digging in my older photos... needed a bit of a change from family pics:) traveling is a bit different when you have a toddler!) a few years ago. It was a rainy day, and the whole place had these wonderful muted winter colors.




I misted pretty much everything that I had around me! The craft paper I used as base, the white paper and the title. And then just to be sure I misted the whole thing (minus the photo) with some Mister Huey Shine. I don't think you can see it in the photos, but it gives the page a really pretty shiny effect, that compliments the waves in the photo.



The stamps (except this one) are from the January kit, and so are the numbers (which were misted, obviously). I also used one of these cute inspiration SC cards they always send with the kit, cause it just seemed to fit perfectly with my color scheme! I used Jenni Bowlin Brown sugar, Weather Vane and Hero Arts Shadow Ink in Soft Stone for the background stamping.
Thanks for visiting!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts