My Favorite Online Classes for 2013-Part 2

During the summer I took an online class at Big Pictures Classes called Hello Story with Ali Edwards. I've heard great things about Ali's classes but never took one myself. The price tag for this class was a bit high than what I'd like to spend for a class, but I decided to take the plunge. I have to say, this class was the most thought provoking scrapbooking-related class I've ever taken. This was a 12 week class, and every week there was new content, with loads of inspiration, videos, great layouts and story structures. My one problem with the class (that has nothing to do with the class), was that it was during the summer, so at some point when we left for our family vacation, I lost the momentum. I'm hoping to go back and make up the lost weeks. In the last post I was talking about Shimelle Laine's class, well, Shimelle makes me scrap, and Ali makes me think (and then scrap). Think about stories that are bigger than one picture, one event or one vacation, and I love the layouts that I made thanks to this class.
Here are some of them-


I love this layout because it's very me. It's also about me, which I try to do more (with a very cute daughter this is not a simple task!), but I mean the style. It has my favorite colors, the ones I always gravitate to, and those lovely sparkly flowers, for some bling. The layout is just about a few things I'd like to do in my life, I could probably make three more pages about this subject, and I probably should. Maybe I should try to do one every year and keep them all together. Would be really cool to see them 20 years from now!


This layout is all about the countries my husband and I explore together. I adopted Ali's more minimalistic style, used some classic shapes (circles here) and focused on the story.


Another layout that is about myself, just the major events in my life, with a baby picture to match:) Again, simple and very story focused, I think these layouts are really important for my memory keeping, and I hope I'll make more.


 I love this layout with different photos from different ages of my daughter, because it really shows how much she changed and grew.
In the spring of 2014 Big Picture Classes will run this class again. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to dig a bit deeper, make layouts that tell bigger stories, or just get really great prompts and ideas for layouts. The price is high, but there's so much content here (4-5 videos, print-outs, cut files, printables every week!), that I think for what you get, it's quite reasonable.
One last class to recommend, on the next post.
Thanks for visiting!

Comments

  1. Gorgeous layouts thanks for the info on the classes I hope to take more this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layouts, especially the last one! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on that class, I took my first class this year (by Shimelle) and would like to try something different next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not done many classes. Looks like you're having fun. Great layouts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts