Scrapbooking with the Scraptastic February Kit -Part 2

February's Feel Again kit and add on are full of pinks reds and aquas, colors that I just love to use all the time, and not just on Valentine's day related layouts.
With this next layout I went with an almost monochromatic look, using lots of aqua/turquoise  and neutrals. Here it is-



Everything on this layout is from the kit and add on.


I love all these transparencies from Crate Paper's Love Notes collection, but sometimes I struggle with using them. Here they worked out nicely and they look really great when layered.


I have almost nothing left from the January kit, but I found a couple of vellum pieces from Studio Calico's Printshop collection that coordinated well with the color scheme, and used them as layers behind the die cuts.


The residual effect of my January Focus on mists is that I use them a lot more, and here I splattered some (more than some), and also painted the edges of the patterned paper behind the photo with mist (using a simple paint brush).
Adhering die cuts with foam adhesive (or any dimensional adhesive) adds dimension to the page.


The second layout for today is very clean and simple-


This clean minimalistic design is not my usual style, but I always like to try something different. It just sort of happened. I managed to capture my daughter mid-jump, and the photo has so much movement that I felt the rest of the page could be more static and calm. Everything on the page is from the February kit and add on. I used some stamps from the coordinating stamp set to create a very subtle tone on tone effect on the background cardstock. It is very subtle and hardly visible on the photo here, but in reality it adds to the overall look of the page.
I'll be sharing another layout I made using Distress products and a few layouts I made using some brand new products from Maggie Holmes and Dear Lizzy next week.
Thanks for visiting and have a great weekend!

Comments

  1. Awesome layouts, love the last photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the blue! Cute pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh the sweetness! these are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layouts! I love how they look so different from each other and both look great, a lot of people can't pull that off.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts