Using Dina Wakley's Paints and TWC Stencil+ Process Video

It's Friday! Weekend is just around the corner, which means less scrapbooking time, so I'm trying, besides posting here, to edit some process videos. Hopefully I'll manage to upload some during the weekend.
So for today's layout, I used my new, fast becoming favorite, acrylic paints, by Dina Wakley. These are relatively new, I think they've been available for a few months now. They are heavy body acrylic paints. You can search them on YouTube, there are some great demos by Dina Wakley, and some useful information as well.
I got 8 colors out of the 12 that are available, going for the bright colors, that I know I use all the time. There are also some other mediums available (white and black gesso, for example), brushes (I wanted to get some but they were sold out:(), as well as stencils and stamps. I own some heavy body acrylic paints, that I mostly used for other crafts and less on my pages. I decided to get these mainly because of the gorgeous color palette. Dina Wakley is all about the color, and I love her choices here. My favorites of the eight are Turquoise, Lime, Magenta and Blackberry Violet. The texture of these is dreamy. They are heavy body, but spread (on gesso) beautifully. They are not opaque, so you can get lovely layers using them on top of each other. The colors are fun and bright. When you add water they look like watercolors, but permanent, as they are acrylic.
Less talking, more showing. Here's the finished page-



Aren't these colors just amazing?


Mixing the turquoise and magenta created a beautiful vibrant purple, and turquoise and lime together made a lovely minty color.


I used some BasicGrey embellishments from the Highline collection.


Enamel dots, puffy stickers, Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm buttons and some black splatters were the finishing touches.
Here's the video-


Thanks for visiting and have a great Friday!

Comments

Popular Posts