Scrapbooking Kit For An 8 Year Old

My niece will be 8 in just a few days, and this year I really wanted to get her a few goodies from my world, that is, scrapbooking goodies! She's very creative, so I'm really hoping she'll enjoy my picks.
Aside from the album, everything can be used for other projects, like drawings, card making etc. I do plan on showing her how to create a page with photos and the products, but in case that does not appeal to her, nothing will go to waste.
A couple of months back I opened a thread at the 2 Peas In A Bucket message board about assembling the kit, and got lots of great ideas.
So here's a picture of most of the kit, followed by a list of all the products. I bought almost everything from Simon Says Stamp while it was 20% off.




 Completely new:
1. Sn@p! binder in Pink from Simple Stories.
2. My Mind's Eye 6*6 paper pad My Girl collection- just a sweet and happy collection!
3. My Mind's Eye My Girl stamp set- I thought it had some really nice images, that can also be colored.
4. Memento dew drops set- I chose this one because it has black and grey included.
5. My Mind's Eye washi set from the My Girl collection.
6. My Mind's Eye buttons set from the My Girl collection.
7. BasicGrey chipboard pieces from the Knee Highs collection.
8. Foam adhesive.
9. Cotton Candy Stickles.

Used or partial (a.k.a. things from my stash):
1. Martha Stewart punch (I have another one just like that, that came with the base piece for the American Craft punch).
2. Some Doodlebug twine.
3. Cupcake resin pieces from Freckled Fawn.
4. Some 6*6 papers from my stash.
5. Samples of American Crafts' glitter tape (not shown).
6. Acrylic block for using those clear stamps (I had an extra one)(not shown).

I will try to get some letter stickers in Israel, since they have to be Hebrew.
Thanks for visiting! Feel free to leave comments with what you would pick, I have a daughter and two nieces, so it will probably be very useful in the future!

Comments

  1. I love what you chose, it's perfect for an 8 year old. I know I have a granddaughter that age. I also love all the MME, it's one of my favorite brands. Just as a FYI, Wal-Mart is now making up kits and selling them for $1.97. In each kit there is: 4 sheets of 12 x 12 paper, 1 - 8 x 8 punch out sheet, 1 - 5 x 9 cardstock sticker sheet, and 42 sticky gems. Pretty good price if she runs out of the kits you made up, and her mom want's to get her some more items. I have bought a few for both of my granddaughter's. The paper is a little thinner than MME, but for the price you can't beat the kits. Love Penny

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts