Scrapbooking with Mixed Media+ Process Video

Hey! Today I'm sharing another layout I created recently. I really love how this page turned out, and the whole process was fun, well, playing with gelatos and pretty colors always is... 
Here's the finished page-



I started this with my October Hip Kit Club kits. I wanted to use this photo of my daughter. As I played around with the papers, I loved how the photo looked with the Elle's Studio blue patterned paper. That basically led to the color scheme of this page. I used the soft pinks and grays that were in the kit, with that pop of blue.
Here are the gelatos I decided to use here-




I covered the middle part of my white cardstock with gesso. Then I added some stamping using the stamp and ink from the Stamp kit add on. My Favorite Things' hybrid ink is perfect for using with gelatos or watercolor, cause it's waterproof and once dry will not budge.


Then came the fun part of applying the gelatos. For that dripping look, just spray with water! Because there's gesso on the cardstock, the colors just flow beautifully.
The last thing I did on the background was use the star stencil that came with the Color kit add on and a baby wipe. Gelatos are not permanent, so the baby wipe removed them, but not the stamping. I love the texture that creates.



Here's the process video-


Finishing touched were some stickers and little embellishments like puffy stickers and buttons, all in matching colors, of course! And the big statement, those vellum Prima flowers. Love how they are semi transparent so all the other layers show through.
Thanks for visiting and I'll be back soon with more mixed media fun!

Comments

Popular Posts